As soon as Francis Lunch and Baked Goods discovered GIMBER, they came up with this crazy but surprisingly delicious recipe.
If you’ve tried our GIMBER, you already know and love the bite it has to it, but would you also dare to try these spicy macarons?
- 150g egg white
- 250g fine sugar
- 250g grated coconut
- lemon zest
- ½ red pepper
- 4 tsp GIMBER
- Beat the egg whites and the sugar until fluffy.
- Wash and grate the lemon.
- Remove the seeds from the red pepper and cut the half pepper into fine pieces.
- Put all these ingredients, including the grated coconut, in a bowl and add 4 teaspoons of GIMBER.
- Mix this with a spatula and add the beaten egg whites
- Scoop the batter onto a baking tray with an ice cream scoop
- Fry the coconut macaroons at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes